Abs will not print

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
JLM

Abs will not print

Post by JLM » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:46 pm

I have printed Abs many times with this printer, but now it is really giving me fits. I just used PLA to do a print and everything was working flawlessly. I need to do a project in ABS so I ran the e-sun cleaning material through the nozzle at PLA temperature and after it is clear color, I insert the ABS and purge it at a temp of 235 degrees. (All comes out fine.) Then I immediately start my print and when the pre purge process starts nothing comes out. It is like it jams up in the 10 seconds it takes to start the print. It is so frustrating !! If I switch back to pla it works fine. please help.

Jules

Re: Abs will not print

Post by Jules » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:16 am

The only thing i can think of is that the Filament Drive Screw tension might not be set correctly for ABS after printing the PLA. You might check that and see if you are getting the correct tooth marks on the end of the filament. (The ABS might be jamming.)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2694

TS3g

Re: Abs will not print

Post by TS3g » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Check the diameter of your filament. I just had an issue printing some ABS (I can't remember the brand off hand) where the diameter actually measured 2.02mm and it got stuck in the filament drive mount. Of course this happened about 75% of the way through a 6 hour print :evil: The oddball measurement was only in one spot that I've noticed so far, as the rest measures about 1.77mm. Hopefully I don't encounter it again